YOU ARE HERE : Home > Building Process
- Contact us by phone or email to set up an appointment for a free estimate. One of our salesmen will come out to your house, discuss the proposed design, get measurements, and go over recommended products. We will have samples and pictures of samples of the different floor and railing products that we recommend.
- We will take the information (measurements, etc.) back to our office and use our 3D deck design software to design your deck. Then we will email or mail (whichever you prefer) the 3D drawings and the pricing back to you. The 3D design will give you the exact look of your finished deck before you even give us the go ahead for the project! We can make any changes to the design until you are completely satisfied with the way it looks.
- If you decide to move forward with us, we require a 25% deposit. This puts your project on our schedule. At that time, we will also get started on the permit process. We will take care of applying for and obtaining the permits from your township or borough at no extra cost, and we will schedule all required inspections. You will not have to work with the township at all. The permit fees, as charged by the township, will be added to the balance due on the project.
- When the permit is approved, we will contact you to let them know that everything has been approved, and we will set a starting date for your project.
- During the building process, we will do our best to protect and take care of your property. We try to maintain a clean and safe job site throughout the project.
- We also value your opinion as the deck begins to take shape. As the project progresses, if you would like to make some changes, we will do our best to accommodate that. You can discuss things with our craftsmen that are at your home, or you can contact our office by email or phone at anytime. We want to leave you with a finished product that is better than what you expected!
- When the project is completed, we will take all remaining trash with us and clean up everything. The balance for the project is due upon completion and your final approval of the workmanship.
- It is our goal to leave you with an experience that was enjoyable and exceeded your expectations, and with a deck or porch that you, your friends, and family will enjoy for years to come. We take great pride in providing you with some of the finest quality of workmanship available in the decking industry. That is why all our work is covered by our lifetime limited warranty.
At Keystone Custom Decks, we are always looking for new and better ways to make your experience with us as easy and enjoyable as possible. A few years ago, we purchased a 3D deck design software program. This software gives us the ability to sketch out your proposed deck and show you a 3D rendering of the project. You can see your deck design and color combinations in 3D before you even sign the contract! This has been a great tool to help our clients visualize their new deck or porch before the project is ever started. No more guessing and hoping that it turns out as you expected. This is just one of the ways that we try to provide you, our client, with the best experience possible for your deck or porch project… from the initial ideas and design, all the way to the completion of the project.